GetTheCookArepas have become a slowly growing trend in the United States and how could they not? Once you try a proper arepa your life changes forever. Arepas are kind of like a cross between a tortilla and a pancake, except they are like neither...
Our arepas are Venezuelan style, which we find to be the best. They are made with maize, salt, and water and filled with all kinds of deliciousness.
These arepas in particular are bite-sized and come with different fillings:
- La Reina: Bell & Evans chicken breast cooked up slowly and shredded, mixed with mayo and avocado. We put a hint of smoked salt.
- Cheese Mini Arepa: Shredded aged gouda cheese. This is godly.
- Cheese & Shredded: Carne Mechada / Ropa Vieja and gouda cheese.
Llanera: Outside skirt, tomato, white cheese, and chimichurri.
- Ajillo-Shrimp: Shrimp cooked with butter and garlic.
- Perico: Scrambled Eggs, Tomato, Onion
We can customize arepas to your liking, we even make brunch arepas.
Order Size: 16 pieces
Equipment Required: Grill / Griddle / Oven (they come prepped from our prep room, just need to heat them up and finish)
Plating: Not required. Finger food, can be passed around on a tray or disposable.
Recommended Addons: More arepas. Seriously, go crazy and order a few different flavors.
Priced per order, will arrive prepped and ready to finish at the destination. Labor and serving-ware not included. Plated meals require 1 Server per 10 Guests and Station/Buffets require 1 Server per 30 guests. Get The Cook service personnel are required for all receptions and hospital functions.